Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Memorable Wedding !!!

Weddings are always fun, but there are certain things that make them very special and close to your heart.

 
 Pavitra, my sister-in-law got married last week and those three days during her wedding were maddening, crazy and what not. It was fun to be totally disconnected with the outside world even while being in the heart of Chennai. No phones, no msgs, no work related stuff, just a bunch of cousins and relatives to while away the time with.

A TamBram wedding is elaborate and really long with tons of procedures and rituals. Being her bridsmaid (self claimed) I had a lots of responsibilities on my head and I mean a lot. If getting her ready and doing her make up was not enough, I had to handle the bride and that in itself is a huge huge task. She kept freaking out at every given opportunity.

Being a bride isn't easy, you need to talk to everyone, be polite, smile at every unknown face as if you have known them forever, be nice even when in you head you are bursting. I have been in that place a year back and I could totally understand what Pavitra was feeling and going through.

She is just like a baby sister to my husband and automatically I could feel the same for her. Actually I thoroughly enjoyed mothering her and being with her for her D Day. My wish of being a bhabhi and taking that right on her was fulfilled.




One more thing about this wedding that is super close to my heart is that all my outfits were my moms. Especially the saree that I wore on the wedding day is my mom's wedding saree that is almost 26 years old. But it looks brand new that is just out from the store. It is a Paithani silk saree from Maharashtra and its super soft and very very light. Just in louveeee with this saree now and I also have doubts on me if I am going to return it to her. :-P

Well, here is a picture of me in my mom's lovely Paithani!!!


1 comment:

  1. Looking lovely in all the pictures! And I love your jewelry!! <3

    ReplyDelete